Monday, October 27, 2014

Lesson 1: Leaf Construction Project

Can I just say that I had an absolute blast working with these kids? I really didn't even know what to expect, but Mrs. Olsen conducts her class in such a way that these kids were angels. And on top of that, they seemed to understand the lesson and use their creativity along the way. I began the lesson by explaining the importance of noting nature in art. I showed the kids that we can use pieces of nature (in this case, leaves) to create a visual point and to create a an artistic "collage" of sorts. The kids have been learning about the different seasons and gathering leaves themselves.
I learned that incorporating art into everyday education can be simple and that even the youngest of children can enjoy the correlation!
I also learned that some of these kids need an extra push to think creatively. Hopefully my projects I have planned will allow them to think outside the box and think of themselves as ARTISTS!
Look at the adorable class I get to work with this year!

 I thought some of the kids got really creative. Check out the bat! And of course, half the girls wanted to do cats. :)
The kids used the leaves they have been studying and gathered to use in their art!


No comments:

Post a Comment