Monday, November 17, 2014

Lesson 6: Symmetrical Design Paintings

This lesson was so much fun! I began by showing a small powerpoint with examples of symmetry. The children made very acute descriptions about the "reflections" and symmetry f the pieces. After this short introduction,  I continued instructing the kids with multiple ideas about various shapes and designs. I then gave them a large allowance for creativity and instructed them to paint one side of their folded paper with various design (emphasizing thickness of paint and its effects). My Mentor Elicia Gray was there to help and observe and gave me the idea, mid-teaching, to make one design then fold/imprint to the other side quickly so it wouldn't dry. The activity was a lot of fun and was  a great prep for our next lesson this Tuesday! It was so nice to have the advice from Elicia and to see the kids proudly show their work!




1 comment: